JOIN THE LAB
Store Manager in Düsseldorf
Are you a natural leader with a passion for creating exceptional experiences? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a dynamic team? Look no further!
Copenhagen Coffee Lab is a hand-craft coffee roastery, wholesaler, cafe and bakery chain founded in Copenhagen in 2013. Since 2013 have we marked our presence in Denmark and throughout Europe with 35+ cafes in Denmark, Germany, France, and Portugal. We’re seeking an energetic and motivated Store Manager to lead our café operations and inspire a crew of talented individuals.
At Copenhagen Coffee Lab, we believe that a great café is more than just coffee and food—it’s about the atmosphere, the vibe, and the people. We’re on a mission to deliver quality coffee and bakery goods while encouraging a sense of community among our team. If you have the character, personality, and passion to be a leader, we want to hear from you!
- Lead by example and provide exceptional guest service, setting the bar high for your team.
- Oversee all café operations, ensuring smooth day-to-day functioning.
- Recruit, train, and motivate the staff, promote their career development, and provide ongoing support.
- Ensure employees’ overall performance and individual development, including sales knowledge and customer relationships.
- Maintain high standards of food and drink quality, ensuring consistency.
- Coordinate work schedules, ensuring proper coverage across shifts and stepping in when needed.
- Act as a liaison between the café and other departments, communicating important information to the team.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), making data-driven decisions to optimize Store performance.
- Develop and implement Store policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to company standards.
- Manage vendor relationships, including inventory control and ordering necessary supplies.
- Uphold financial procedures and ensure responsible money management.
- Maintain a clean and orderly café environment, including regular equipment maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food control regulations, prioritizing hygiene, and safety protocols.
- Conduct regular meetings with café employees to foster communication and team engagement.
- Participate in cluster meetings and engage in weekly 1-on-1 meetings with the District Manager.
- Administrative Duties: While the majority of your time will be spent on the floor, it is crucial for the Store Manager to handle administrative tasks effectively. This may involve inventory, scheduling, analyzing sales reports, and implementing strategies to achieve sales targets.
Note: The administrative work should not exceed more than 20% of the total working hours to maintain a balance between floor responsibilities and managerial duties. Additionally, as part of this role, the Store Manager is required to work every other weekend and handle one opening and one closing shift per week to ensure smooth store operations and support the team’s needs.
- German and English language skills at speech and conversational level.
- Proven experience in a leadership role, with experience in managing teams and the ability to train and develop employees.
- Strong passion for people, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and HACCP standards.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- A genuine love for quality coffee and bakery goods.
- Diverse European Presence: As a Store Manager with CCL, you’ll be part of an internationally connected team. You could have the opportunity to relocate to other countries, work with different languages, and experience new cultures. You could start your journey in one of these countries and embrace new experiences.
- Career Growth: CCL’s expansion means constant opportunities for career growth and development. As we continue to open new cafes in various locations, your role as a Store manager becomes a gateway to other leadership positions within the company.
- Innovation & Collaboration: You’ll work closely with a dynamic team, who’s constantly sharing ideas, collaborating on new concepts, learning new tools, and creating memorable experiences for our team members & guests, while using modern systems, which are simplifying our internal communication, training modules, sharing of information, planning and administration.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand the importance of work-life balance. As a Store manager, you’ll be in charge of your working schedule, which can allow you to have both professional success and quality time with your loved ones.
Ready to take on the challenge and lead our café to new heights? If you’re motivated, passionate, and ready to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply as Store Manager in Düsseldorf
We’re always on the lookout for talented and ambitious folks to join our team and help us reach new heights. If you’re up for a challenge and looking to work in an exciting industry, you’re in the right place.
Please send us your application and CV here.